Scroll down to see all events HR Future has coming up!
23 July 2019 (08:30 – 13:00) DUR
24 July 2019 (08:30 – 13:00) CPT
R 2 250 ex VAT
Durban Conference Centre (DUR)
Belmont Square, Rondebosch (CPT)
Monique De Nobrega
011 888 8914
HR Future: Engagement and Retention Masterclass
Alan Hosking, HR Future
WHY IS THIS MASTERCLASS NEEDED?
A productive, profitable company is built by engaged talent who stay long enough to execute the business strategy. On the other hand, disengaged people will eat up the value that others create. So, if you want to build a profitable business, what should you do? You need to know how to speak to employees from multiple generations, different backgrounds, cultures etc. and listen to their preferences, expectations and interests. If not, companies will be left to operate with too few and less talented workers.
WHAT’S SO SPECIAL ABOUT THIS MASTERCLASS?
Many employers have resigned themselves to the fact that talent won’t stay with them for long. There are, however, smart ways to effectively extend the tenure of your high performers. You’ll ONLY FIND THESE OUT by attending this Masterclass.
WHAT WILL I BE ABLE TO DO AFTER ATTENDING THIS CLASS?
Building an engaged workforce that creates exceptional value is not rocket science.
After attending this class, you will:
– increase the number of engaged workers and reduce the number of disengaged workers;
– increase the level of engagement in your team;
– know how to reduce the levels of disengagement in your team or company; and
– ensure that you retain engaged workers for as long as possible so you no longer train the talent you hire for someone else to poach.
Implementing the techniques and tricks you will learn will result in engaged employees who do a lot more than they need to do, not because they have to, but because they WANT to!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN ABOUT ENGAGEMENT
1. What employee engagement really is;
2. Why employee engagement is so critical;
3. The hidden costs and consequences of disengaged employees;
4. How to recognise the three types of employees on the “engagement spectrum”;
5. Engagement diagnostics: identifying the symptoms of engaged and disengaged employees;
6. Identifying and understanding the four Engagement Flight Paths;
7. Understanding the alienating events that cause employees to disengage;
8. Seven factors that influence engagement;
9. Key reasons why employees leave a company;
10. How to use eight key engagement tools;
11. Practical tips to increase engagement among employees.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN ABOUT RETENTION
1. What causes talent to leave a company;
2. What makes talent to stay at a company;
3. How to identify and eliminate the problems that cause you to lose talent;
4. How to create a Retention Strategy that works;
5. No cost tips to actively retain your talent.
14 August 2019 (09:00 – 16:00) JHB
R 3 500 ex VAT
Bryanston Country Club (JHB)
011 888 8794
HR Future: Women Leaders of the Future Summit
Dudu Msomi, Busara Leadership Partners
Daisy Chakane, BDO
Dr Teresa Kruger, BDO
Dr Charlene Lew, GIBS
Olive Chauke, Growthpoint Properties
WHAT’S UNIQUE ABOUT THIS WOMEN’S EVENT?
Attend this event and you will get more than just information. You will get insight into what you need to do to increase your chances of being a better leader. The “HR Future Women Leaders of the Future” Summit is unlike other events. It’s highly interactive.
This Summit is not about passively listening to a procession of speakers and then leaving.
- getting input from experts with fresh hard core data from local and global research;
- interacting with our experts to acquire key insights that you can apply back at work; and
- getting tips, tricks, advice, solutions, suggestions, recommendations and
- feedback to use in the workplace.
You will engage with our experts, interact with your peers and colleagues, and leave informed, insightful and inspired!
WHAT WILL I BE ABLE TO DO AFTER ATTENDING THIS?
The content you will be exposed to will not be just “nice to know” content. It will be content you can use – in the here and now and in the future. As you understand the importance of having access to the right data, interpreting that data and applying your insights to implement new strategies, you will become one of the sought-after “go to” people in your company.
You will also learn how to:
- use your new found insight to read people, read situations and read the game;
- increase your engagement and that of others;
- live and work with meaning and purpose; and
- operate comfortably as one of the “Onlys” in a man’s world.
Experts are people who know things others don’t know. This Summit will take you closer to your destination of becoming an expert in your company and career!
WHAT WILL BE COVERED?
Show Up. Be All In
To master personal leadership, women must develop certain behaviours that align with and support their personal leadership brand. In order to do this, women need to learn how to make their presence felt in all aspects of their work and at all levels. Women therefore have a need to understand what legacy they would like to leave in their companies, their industry sectors and in their teams.
What woman want: The Meaningfulness Factor
Deriving meaning from work is one of the top three most important factors cited by employees when it comes to job satisfaction and engagement. Meaningfulness engenders commitment and a greater drive to produce results. It is however important to understand how the work women do delivers different meaning to the work men do. Discover how women can go about finding this meaning during the 7 to 7 working day.
What the numbers tell us: Leading for Engagement; and
Outcomes: How can we apply engagement tactics to enhance performance?
Organisational analytics indicate that women differ from men in what they find meaningful in the workplace. Their levels of engagement reflect their unique circumstances and workplace desires. Applying an absolute approach in managing your workforce may therefore exclude women in engagement interventions. We explore the various factors based on industry analytics to assist in guiding interventions to maximise levels of engagement and reduce the risks of counterproductive behaviour.
Decision Capabilities for Strategic Leadership
As women advance into further strategic roles, they need to deal with greater complexity. Expanded thinking will have impact beyond immediate environments, overcome constraints of time horizons, overcome limitations of logical solutions in favour of creative strategic plans and grow strategic capabilities to strengthen the value we bring to business and society. This session will highlight the crucial capabilities that allow us to think at strategic levels and make decisions that address the complexity of our world.
Survive and thrive as one of the “Onlys”
Women will continue to operate in a male dominated workplace for a good many years. This has given rise to those women in senior positions referred to as the “Onlys” – the only women in a room of male executives. But women needn’t sell their birthright in order to succeed in the boardroom. This session will reveal the qualities and skills women naturally possess that are fast becoming desirable assets for all in leadership positions today and in the future.